Brat TV’s, “Charmers” series premieres today exclusively on the Brat TV YouTube Channel and we were lucky enough to be able to talk to some of the stars on the show, Brooklyn Queen, Indi Star, and Brat TV alum Sophie Fergi all about “Charmers” and their careers. They are all so interesting so make sure to read all about each one of them.
Charmers is the newest show on Brat TV. Following a coven of teen witches at a summer camp called Whispering Sky, the series features teen musician Brooklyn Queen, Indi Star (Nickelodeon’s Henry Danger) and Brat TV alum Sophie Fergi. Joining the cast are Sabrina Quesada, Sarah Dorothy Little, Alysa Gutierrez-Sierra, Josiah Alpher, Mateo Gallegos, Emily Liao, and Camren Conerly.
BSCKids: Tell us a little bit about your character on “Charmers” and how you got the role?
• Brooklyn: My character Senna is eager to be accepted but independent. Senna is brave caring and strong.
• Indi: My character, Paris, is very competitive, Especially when it comes to the summer camp games. She’s very sporty. Paris is pretty much a mean girl to everyone around her, especially Zaria. Her and Zaria used to be friends but not anymore! I was so excited to audition for the mean girl role because I’m not really that way so it was a lot of fun to get into that character!
• Sophie: I got the role of Zaria because I played her on a show called Mani previously. Everyone loved the character so much they sort of developed a show around her.
Do you have anything in common with your character?
• Indi: We are both sporty. But she is very competitive and I am not at all. I think she kinda puts up a wall so people can’t hurt her and I think I kinda do that too. I wouldn’t ever be a mean girl like Paris though.
• Brooklyn: YES. We both over pack, lol. And we both are caring, independent, and will do anything for our friends.
• Sophie: We both don’t care what people think about us.
Is there anything special you do to get into character?
• Sophie: For this role, I went all out and I dyed my hair black to really get into character.
• Indi: On set when we were waiting to start, sometimes my friends and I would all start acting like our characters out of nowhere and just start pretending we are in a scene. It’s hilarious and fun but it really helps us get back into character before filming the next scene.
• Brooklyn: I clear my mind and put myself in Senna’s shoes and feel her emotions as how she would.
Can you tell us any funny behind the scenes things that happened while recording the show?
• Indi: Something fun that happened behind the scenes was that all of us would try to make up fun handshakes. Also, there was a scene where Mateo got to eat a brownie and everyone was jealous because they wanted the brownie hahaha.
• Sophie: All I can say is the “Kiss”. Brooklyn knows what I’m talking about 🙂
• Brooklyn: Definitely the kiss scene, can’t spill too much tea on it but it was definitely the funniest and EVERYONE made it a big deal.
What would you say if your favorite Instagram post of yours and why?
• Brooklyn: I honestly don’t know, I love all my post !!
• Indi: My favorite Instagram post of mine is the one with a puffy rainbow raincoat! It’s so cool because it looks like I’m in New York city!
• Sophie: Probably the first post I made with Sarah, at that time I was going through a lot and didn’t have anyone and she was my rock! The pic really captures the mood and feeling of relief in finding my soul sister!
How has having a large social media career helped your acting career?
• Brooklyn: My social media has definitely helped my acting career because I have an audience and if I’m on any show or movie my Queendom will tune in and support!!
• Indi: Sometimes in acting, producers, agents and booking companies look at your Instagram to see more about you. Having a social media presence can help other industry people get to know you. I feel like having my Instagram account helps quite a lot. Social media and acting are similar in some ways because you are “performing” in front of an audience. I think having a social media career has also helped me develop a thicker skin when it comes to criticism.
• Sophie: It definitely helps in casting I think because people usually know me before I even audition
What do you feel is harder, acting or maintaining your social media career?
• Indi: They both are pretty hard, social media is hard because you have to post consistently or else the algorithm would be bad. Also it can be tough to deal with all the hate and stuff like that online. Acting is hard because you have to learn the scripts, wake up early and go to bed late and try to stay hydrated and everything throughout the day of work. So I would say both of them are equally hard!
• Sophie: Maintaining social media for sure! I have so many platforms I have to keep up with! Acting is so much fun and it comes easily to me and I love love love acting
• Brooklyn: I don’t feel like either is hard. If you love doing it then it shouldn’t be hard in my opinion.
If you could guest star (or guest voice) on a current television series, which one would it be and why?
• Brooklyn: I would definitely be on All American or Ginny & Georgia. I love the storyline behind both shows and I could see myself being on those in some way lol.
• Indi: I just started watching this show called Atypical, it’s very good and they are coming out with a new season. That would be very cool to be on and see how filming it is like!
• Sophie: Omg Vampire Diaries if they were still filming or Stranger Things I love those shows and feel I could fit in
Tell us something people would be surprised to learn about you.
• Brooklyn: Something people would be surprised to know about me is that I enjoy listening to country music with my dad.
• Indi: Something surprising is I’m actually really good at headstands. Haha.
• Sophie: I have a second YouTube channel called Sophie Fergi Shorts where I write and direct short films with my mom, dad, uncle and step mom!
Why should everyone tune in to watch “The Charmers”?
• Indi: Why everyone should tune into Charmers is because one – it’s very different from all of the other Brats shows, two – it has lots of drama, and three – it’s super magical and has really cool special effects!
• Sophie: Because it’s full of great acting, special effects and the whole season is super exciting!!
• Brooklyn: Everyone should tune in and watch “Charmers” because you haven’t seen anything like this on Brat ever. You’ll love all the special effects. You’ll love how all the actors and actresses react to one another. I promise it’ll be your favorite show. also watch “Charmers” to remember THE REAL MAGIC IS IN FRIENDSHIP!!
You can watch the trailer below (it looks amazing) and special thanks to Brooklyn Queen, Indi Star, and Sophie Fergi for taking the time to talk to us.