In April 2018, Disney Parks is bringing the biggest Pixar celebration ever with PIXAR FEST! The event will take place beginning April 13, 2018, at the Disneyland Resort.
The limited time event will bring to life some of the most beloved stories from Pixar Animation Studios with characters and experiences from films such as Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Finding Nemo” and “Up.” Guests will join the fun as they experience a new fireworks spectacular, the return of two favorite parades with fresh new Pixar surprises, new décor, atmosphere entertainment, creatively themed food and beverage and exclusive event merchandise.
There will even be a new fireworks show, called “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular,” to celebrate the Pixar stories through the decades as it lights up the sky over Disneyland. “Together Forever” comes to life through projections on iconic park locations: Sleeping Beauty Castle, the water screens of the Rivers of America, the façade of “it’s a small world” and the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A. The grand tradition of Tinker Bell flying over Sleeping Beauty Castle also gets a Pixar twist, with a special flyover by Buzz Lightyear.
Also on April 13, the guest-favorite “Paint the Night” parade returns, and this time the parade’s 1.5 million, brilliant LED lights and catchy tunes come to Disney California Adventure. “Paint the Night” features pals from Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.” and “Cars.” And another beloved Pixar story will join “Paint the Night” later in the year, adding to this guest-favorite experience.
While there, you can also watch a collection of Pixar Shorts which will be featured at he Sunset Showcase Theater at Disney California Adventure during most of Pixar Fest, including favorites such as “For the Birds” and “LAVA.” The short films will rotate during the celebration.
A celebration of friendship this big is only complete with beloved characters like Buzz, Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story,” Mike and Sulley from “Monsters, Inc.,” Nemo and Dory from “Finding Nemo,” and Lightning McQueen and Mater from “Cars.” Those pals – and more – will be part of the fun at Pixar Fest.
All these exciting changes add to the existing attractions and entertainment in the parks that feature many favorite Pixar characters.
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters: In this interactive attraction, guests fire lasers to help battle Evil Emperor Zurg, who is trying to steal the batteries from helpless toys.
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage: Guests take a submarine voyage to explore the world of Nemo and his underwater friends.
- “it’s a small world”: Woody, Jessie and Bullseye from “Toy Story” are among the many toys and dolls found in this classic attraction.
- Character encounters with Pixar pals: Guests can continue to meet Merida from “Brave” in Fantasyland and Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story” in Frontierland.
- “Fantasmic!”: Favorite Pixar characters appear in the finale of “Fantasmic!” nightly on the Rivers of America.
At Disney California Adventure
- Cars Land: Guests step into the world of Radiator Springs with three attractions plus themed shopping and dining locations across 12 acres.
- Toy Story Mania!: Guests shrink to the size of toys and take aim at objects to score points in 4D midway-inspired carnival games hosted by the characters from the “Toy Story” films.
- “a bug’s land”: Shrinking to the size of a bug, guests experience this story through family-friendly attractions.
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!: Guests take a wild taxi ride through Monstropolis with Mike and Sulley as they search for their lost human friend, Boo.
- Turtle Talk with Crush: Crush, the sea turtle from “Finding Nemo,” interacts with guests in live, real-time, animated conversations.
- “World of Color”: Characters from “Finding Nemo,” “WALL-E,” “Toy Story,” “Up” and “a bug’s life” appear in this nighttime water spectacular which combines animation, music, lights and color with more than 1,200 fountains.
- DJ’s Dance ‘n Drive: Interactive dance party in Cars Land invites guests to move to the music.