Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Doctor Strange! The stunning new installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe has officially released early on Digital HD/3D and Disney Movies Anywhere! Or you can buy it on Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray, Digital SD, DVD and On-Demand on Feb. 28.
Doctor Strange follows the story of Dr. Stephen Strange, a renowned surgeon who after a terrible car accident that renders his life saving hands useless in Medicine. When traditional medicine fails him, he travels to the remote Kamar-Taj in search of a cure, but instead discovers the mystical arts and becomes a powerful sorcerer battling dark forces bent on destroying our reality.
I have to say, Doctor Strange, has one of the most impressive casts so far. It includes Benedict Cumberbatch (The Imitation Game, Black Mass) as Dr. Stephen Strange, Chiwetel Ejiofor (12 Years a Slave, Triple 9) as Mordo, Rachel McAdams (Spotlight, Southpaw) as Dr. Christine Palmer, Benedict Wong (The Martian, Prometheus) as Wong, Michael Stuhlbarg (A Serious Man, Steve Jobs) as Dr. Nicodemus West, Benjamin Bratt (Traffic, Piñero) as Jonathan Pangborn, and Scott Adkins (El Gringo,The Expendables 2) as Lucian/Strong Zealot, with Mads Mikkelsen (The Hunt, Casino Royale) as Kaecilius and Academy Award winner Tilda Swinton (2007 Best Supporting Actress, Michael Clayton, Julia) as The Ancient One.
Doctor Strange pulled in more than $658.3 million at the worldwide box office to date and earning a 90% critics consensus on Rotten Tomatoes. This is the 14th movie in the MCU (not to mention it was also the 14th consecutive MCU film to debut at #1 at the domestic box office continuing an impressive streak for Marvel.)
The Blu-ray and Digital releases come packaged with over 80 minutes of fascinating, never-before-seen bonus materials, including five behind-the-scenes featurettes, five deleted scenes, hilarious outtakes, part two of the comical mockumentary “Team Thor,” audio commentary, and an exclusive look at the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
In honor of the release on the day of love, I received a PR gift set that included a life size cardboard cutout of the good and mystical doctor along with some Valentine’s Day treats to eat while watching the newly released movie. I can definitely say this was one of my favorite Valentine’s Days yet!
I definitely recommend owning this film which boasts an impressive set of special features and bonus materials including:
Bonus Features (Bonus features may vary by retailer. The DVD does not include any bonus materials.):
DIGITAL HD & BLU-RAY:
- A Strange Transformation – Open your eye to a new dimension of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and see how the filmmakers brought one of comic books’ greatest characters to life.
- Strange Company – Find out what it’s like for the cast to work on a Marvel film, and how Director Scott Derrickson engineered one of the most ambitious, imaginative films ever.
- The Fabric of Reality – Take a closer look at the movie’s extraordinary sets, meticulously crafted costumes and amazingly detailed production elements.
- Across Time and Space – Explore the countless hours of dance and fight choreography the actors endured in preparation for their physically demanding roles.
- The Score-cerer Supreme – Join Composer Michael Giacchino and a full orchestra during live recording sessions, and experience the movie’s mind-bending music.
- Marvel Studios Phase 3 Exclusive Look – Get an early peek at Marvel’s spectacular upcoming films, including Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther and Avengers: Infinity War.
- Team Thor: Part 2 – See more of the hilarious partnership between Thor and his roommate Darryl in this satirical short.
- Deleted Scenes
- Strange Meets Daniel Drumm
- Kaecilius Searches for Answers
- The Kamar-Taj Courtyard
- Making Contact
- Lost in Kathmandu
- Gag Reel
- Audio Commentary by Director Scott Derrickson
- Through the Keyhole: The Science of the MCU – Discover how Marvel grounds all its films in real science, and explore the connection between science, magic and imagination.