This year one of my favorite movies without a doubt was Captain America: Civil War. I saw it in theaters and loved it so much that I knew I needed to add it to my home collection. Now you can own it on DVD and Blu-Ray too as Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War arrives on Blu-ray™ 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand today Sept. 13.
In Civil War, we see our favorite Avengers fighting themselves after the events of the Age of Ultron. They are reprimanded after the deaths they have caused, public destruction, and public opinion has started to turn. However, the Winter Soldier returning also helps further drive a wedge between the Avengers.
I feel like so much happened in this movie in terms of character development although it was lacking in terms of overall MCU development. But that’s okay because it brought us Spider-man AND The Black Panther!! And it brought Ant-man in to the folds of the Avengers. So all good things. And it was dramatic as hell. So many emotions.
The standoff between Captain America and Iron Man was not just two powerful people going at it because of their differing beliefs in how to handle things. They were two friends fighting to keep everything they knew and LOVED intact for themselves and the world and it hurt each other to do it.
But in the end they couldn’t compromise what they thought was the right thing to do, not because they were stubborn. Not really, but because they both honestly felt what they were doing was right.
However, on to a happier subject. I promise. If you buy the Blu-ray or DVD and add it, you’re ever expanding MCU collection (I’m sure you own) you will get some pretty awesome special features.
Once I got the Blu-ray I immediately rewatched the movie (And teared up a bit when Steve proclaimed he was doing this for his friend Bucky and Tony reminded him they were friends too) then I started watching all the special features. My favorites are always the “Making Of” featurettes. When it comes to Marvel movies, often how stuff gets made is more interesting than the filming itself. Between the special effects, the HUGE overarching storylines, and the insanely complex Marvel Cinematic Universe, the featurette “United We Stand, Divided We Fall – The Making of Captain America: Civil War Part 1 & Part 2” is a must see. You must also check out the deleted scenes as I feel like they give insight to the characters we miss out during the final cut of the film. BUT one of the biggest special features included on the Blu-ay collection is the special look at the upcoming Marvel film, Doctor Strange. I don’t want to give anything away, but it’s definitely awesome.
Bonus features include*:
DIGITAL HD/3D & BLU-RAY:
- United We Stand, Divided We Fall – The Making of Captain America: Civil War Part 1 & Part 2– As the tension mounts, sides are chosen and lines drawn. Learn more about the characters on each side—from Captain America and Iron Man to the latest recruits. In this complete behind-the-scenes look at a landmark in the Marvel saga, we’ll examine their stories through exclusive footage and interviews and discover just what went into selecting the Super Hero teams, filming the epic action sequences and introducing Black Panther and Spider-Man to the MCU.
- Captain America: The Road to Civil War– Explore the First Avenger’s fascinating evolution from loyal soldier to seasoned, conflicted hero who questions authority.
- Iron Man: The Road to Civil War– From Gulmira to Sokovia, delve into the development and evolution of one of the most iconic characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Gag Reel– Break the tension of this high-stakes conflict with some hilarious outtakes featuring the lighter side of your favorite Super Heroes.
- Deleted & Extended Scenes– Check out never-before-seen footage that didn’t make the final cut of “Captain America: Civil War.
- Audio Commentary– Directors Anthony and Joe Russo and screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely deliver scene-by-scene insight and explain the storytelling challenges they faced creating the third installment of the Captain America franchise.
- Open Your Mind: Marvel’s Doctor Strange – Exclusive Sneak Peek– Go behind and beyond the scenes as Doctor Strange makes his journey to the big screen.
Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War sees the return of Chris Evans as Rogers and Robert Downey Jr. as Stark alongside Natasha Romanoff aka Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Bucky Barnes aka Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan), Sam Wilson aka Falcon (Anthony Mackie) Colonel James “Rhodey” Rhodes aka War Machine (Don Cheadle), Clint Barton aka Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), Vision (Paul Bettany) and Wanda Maximoff aka Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), and new recruits to the MCU Scott Lang aka Ant-Man (Paul Rudd, T’Challa aka Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman) and Peter Parker aka Spider-Man (Tom Holland).
So pick a side: Steve and Team Captain America or Tony Stark and Team Iron Man when you pick up Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War on Blu-ray™ 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand today.