In honor of National Autism Awareness Month, iStoryTime recently announced that its Meet Biscuit storybook app will be free to download for a limited time. The app will be free for all platforms including both Apple and Android devices. The Meet Biscuit app is great for encouraging children to read using its interactive animations and sound affects for every page of the storybook.
Meet Biscuit has been a longtime favorite for families with over 16 million copies in print. Now, in a new digital format, parents still love introducing Biscuit to their children and helping them discover the world of the lovable pup. Parents can enjoy watching their children learn to read, or allow their children to explore on their own through the app’s independent play function.
The app also allows children to enjoy other activities such as a digital coloring book, memory game (this is on the iOS version only) and puzzles. The completed works of coloring masterpieces can also be shared with family and friends.
Graham Farrar, the found of iStoryTime, said,
“We believe digital devices such as the iPad, iPhone and other devices are great tools to enhance the learning process. The fact that we’ve received a large amount of feedback from parents with autistic children makes us feel that our efforts in reinventing the art of storytelling is making a positive difference.”
The Meet Biscuit app is developed in-house by iStoryTime, with every page featuring narration, animations, sounds, and beautiful illustrations by artist Pat Schories. All this comes together to create the beautiful and amazing world of Biscuit created by Alyssa Satin Capucilli.
The key features that help your child’s early reading abilities include:
- Improve reading comprehension by selecting between two narration options: “Read to Me” or “Read to Myself”.
- Reinforce cause-and-effect with silly animations and humorous sounds throughout.
- Develop early reading skills with text that highlights as the narrator reads
- Enjoy a fun memory game, which encourages young readers to match pairs of characters.
- Promote creative thinking with the fantastic coloring book—the color-in-the-lines mode is perfect for little fingers, and the art can be shared with friends.
- Bonus: There are hidden balls on every page. See how excited Biscuit gets when they are collected.
The app will be free on your devices market starting Wednesday, April 11 and continue through till Sunday, April 15, 2012.