The new upcoming stop-motion film, ParaNorman has released its newest trailer. This animated film features the voices of Anna Kendrick, from Twilight fame, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse, from Superbad and Kick-Ass. It comes from directors Sam Fell and Chris Butler (who also wrote the screenplay). Fans of the 2009 stop motion film, Coraline will love this new feature.
ParaNorman comes from animation company LAIKA and has re-teamed with Focus Features after the success of the amazing stop-motion film, Coraline. Similarly to Coraline, ParaNorman will be the company’s second stop-motion animated feature to be made in 3D.
In the film, a small town comes under siege by zombies. Who can it call? Only misunderstood local boy Norman (voiced by Kodi Smit-McPhee), who is able to speak with the dead. In addition to the zombies, he’ll have to take on ghosts, witches and, worst, of all, grown-ups, to save his town from a centuries-old curse. But this young ghoul whisperer may find his paranormal activities pushed to their otherworldly limits.
The film features an all-star cast for voiceovers that include:
- Kodi Smit-McPhee as Norman Babcock, an outcast kid who speaks to the dead.
- Casey Affleck as Mitch, a jock
- Tempestt Bledsoe as Sheriff Hooper, a police officer
- John Goodman as Mr. Prenderghast, a town crazy guy
- Jeff Garlin as Perry Babcock, Norman’s father
- Bernard Hill as The Judge
- Anna Kendrick as Courtney Babcock, Norman’s sister, cheerleader
- Leslie Mann as Sandra Babcock, Norman’s mother
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Alvin, a school bully
- Elaine Stritch as Grandma, Norman’s ghost grandmother
- Tucker Albrizzi as Neil, Norman’s chubby friend
- Jodelle Ferland
- Hannah Noyes as Salma
ParaNorman will be hitting theaters on August 17, 2012. You can watch the new trailer below.