The world could use a little extra kindness and thats exactly what National Random Acts of Kindness Week is all about. The week goes through February 13 – 19 and during this week, Master Lock is trying to help people achieve their New Years Resolutions. By February, 36 percent of people have already abandoned their resolution, and by April, this total increases to 54 percent! To help consumers stay on track, Master Lock is celebrating the National Random Acts of Kindness Week by offering a variety of tips and products that are sure to help Americans lock-up their resolutions.
Throughout the week, visitors to the brand’s Facebook page can enter daily for a chance to win free Master Lock products through a national sweepstakes. The company also will inspire gym-goers in select cities to stick to their fitness plans by handing out free 1534D Set-Your-Own Combination Password locks.
Master Lock has also put together a list of tips for those who need a little extra help sticking to their resolutions. Their goal is to help people strategically adapt to new lifestyles that come with their resolutions and helping them maintain their new permanent habits. Check out their trips below:
• Write It Down…and Share It. Simply thinking through your resolutions and storing them mentally isn’t going to ensure you stay committed. Having a list of goals in your organizer, smart phone, or social media profile that you can easily access and share will reinforce your promise to yourself and spur encouragement from your followers and friends.
• Get the right gear. Whether your goals revolve around getting back in the gym or being more organized at home, having the right products to help you succeed is a must. For organization, the 7148D document storage box can help keep important documents safely filed away. To securely organize your digital life, register for a free account at www.masterlockvault.com to safely store your user names, passwords and other confidential data for easy access anytime, anywhere. Getting good shoes, proper work-out wear, and a new gym lock such as the 1534D Password lock will help reinvigorate your enthusiasm to exercise.
• Do it for a Month. In order for a new behavior to become a habit, you must stick to it for at least 30 days. Setting this small goal will make achieving your overall resolution more realistic. Plus, you can be encouraged when you’ve reached the one-month mark and assess your progress.
• Keep a Journal. Commit to writing one to two sentences about your progress toward your goals each day. Keeping a written record of how you’re doing will keep your resolution top of mind and motivate you to continue to make changes.
• One Step at a Time. Don’t set too many goals and then try tackling them all at once. Make one goal your priority and focus on changing your habits to achieve it. Once you’ve mastered it, set your sights on two additional goals, giving yourself realistic timelines to achieve them and go from there.
About the Facebook Sweepstakes:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. “Random Acts of Kindness” is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, D.C. and Canada (excluding Quebec), 13 years and older (18 years and older in Maine). Void where prohibited. For complete Official Rules, prize descriptions and odds disclosure, visit www.masterlock.com/RAOK. Entry Period begins on February 13, 2012 at 7:00:01 a.m. Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) and ends on February 19, 2012 at 11:59:59 p.m. CDT. Sponsor: Master Lock Company LLC, 137 W. Forest Hill Avenue, Oak Creek, WI 53154. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, administered, endorsed or associated with Facebook.