Friday, March 25th, was not only our baby girl’s first birthday, but also the day that Baby Einstein had their launch event for their updated and new Discovery Kits at Lincoln Center in New York. It seemed like a perfect match, so we decided it would be a great day to spend with the birthday girl. Baby Einstein has three different levels of their Discovery Kits, and they had three different stations at the event to talk about the different levels.
Level 1 had all sorts of toys–a piano you could step on, and another piano on the floor for the kids to play with. It was all about making some noise and experiencing different types of events. The new Discovery Kit was the Bbaby Lullaby kit that seems very relaxing. Baby L is a huge fan both the original Discovery Kits (Beethoven andMozart) and was entralled by them at the event. She even got a kiss from Bard the puppet!
Level 2 is all about exploring, and they had this area set up with all different types of animals and a big fluffy grassland. Baby L loved playing and sharing all of the flashcards with her new friends. This was really a neat area for the kids to play in, as it felt like a safari. Neptune’s Oceans is the new Discovery Kit in this level.
Level 3 is about expression, and the new kit, World of Rhythm, introduces new characters Pillie and Coco. Pillie is a musical woodpecker, and Coco is a dancing cockatoo. They explore the different aspects of rhythm with your children. This area was set up for coloring and playing with musical instruments.
At each of the stations there was a speaker who introduced the different levels and what was included with each Discovery Kit. Dr. Karen Hill Scott and Susan McLain both gave great talks, giving us some insight into the Discovery Kits. The overall event was great for the children, as they were able to play in each of the different areas.
The packing of the music CD and either a book or the Discovery Cards make these Discovery Kits a nice gift, or gives you a great value if you decide to purchase them for your own children. The music CD allows you to continue the experience for the baby while going on a car ride or even to get them to relax while they are in their room–a wonderful idea. With the three new kits that have come out this year, it an already great product line has expanded even more. I would have liked to see a bit more of the new characters Pillie and Coco, so that means we will have to make a trip to the store to purchase the World of Rhythm.
At the event the My Baby Einstein app was also on display, and I have to say it is going to be a must purchase. I liked how they had the flashcards set up in the app and how the information could be read aloud. I think it is a great way to bring that Baby Einstein experience with you while on vacation or in the event of a baby meltdown while on a longer trip. The app was very polished and was far more extensive than I had expected when I first heard about it. You can read a bit more on the products in the press release below, and be sure to check out the picture gallery, as well.
CURRENTLY AVAILABLE DISCOVERY KITS:
Each Discovery Kit includes a DVD, a music CD and either Discovery Cards or a book. And each DVD includes an English, French and Spanish language track.
Level 1: Experience
• (NEW) Baby Lullaby (releasing February 22, 2011) – Take your baby on a soothing journey with classical lullabies by Bach, Brahms and Mozart. Enjoy relaxing ocean waves, sweet puppet shows, and tranquil images. From fun time to rest time, Baby Lullaby is the perfect way to spend special time with your baby.
• Baby Beethoven™ (released November 23, 2010) – Parent and baby can listen to the joyous sounds and cherished works of Beethoven. See how music celebrates the sounds of different instruments. Together, they will experience a world of enchanting sights and sounds and make new discoveries with Baby Beethoven.
• Baby Mozart™ (released November 23, 2010) – Parent and baby will discover the joy of classical music together and listen to Mozart’s popular works – including “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” – delightfully re-orchestrated for little ears. They’ll look at real-life images and enchanting puppet shows bringing a symphony of sights and sounds together as they share new discoveries with Baby Mozart.
Level 2: Explore
• (NEW) Neptune’s Oceans (releasing February 22, 2011) – Dive in with your little explorer for a voyage of undersea discovery! Journey across Neptune’s Oceans to encounter amazing marine life in their natural habitats. Penguins, whales, dolphins, sea lions and crabs come to life in engaging musical portraits. Together, you and your baby will ride a tide of fun as you explore this wondrous new world!
• Wild Animal Safari (released November 23, 2010) – Parents can take their little explorer on an exotic musical expedition to meet wild animals from across the globe. Together, they’ll journey to the jungle, savanna, desert and forest on a wild, wonderful voyage of discovery with Wild Animal Safari.
• Animals Around Me (released November 23, 2010) – Parent and child set off on a fun-filled “field trip” to discover animals found at the park, on the farm, and in their own backyard – whether furry or feathered, winged or wiggly, bumpy or cuddly, they’ll explore the Animals Around Me.
Level 3: Expression
• (NEW) World of Rhythm (releasing February 22, 2011) – Your little one will want to keep a beat, snap his fingers and march his feet! Join new characters Pillie, the musical woodpecker, and Coco, the dancing cockatoo, and share the excitement of rhythm with your baby. World of Rhythm explores rhythm in music, rhythm in nature and rhythm as a form of expression. It’s a fun way to encourage children to express themselves through singing, dancing, clapping and playing!
• World of Colors (released November 23, 2010) – Parent and child share a rainbow of sights and sounds and discover the wonders of color together! They’ll join puppet host “Vincent Van Goat” as he creates six Van Gogh masterpieces exploring red, green, blue, yellow, orange and purple with World of Colors.
• World of Words (released November 23, 2010) – Parent and child join playful puppet host Bard the Dragon on an exciting adventure using everyday words, such as flower, cat, and moon, plus beautiful scenery from nature with World of Words.
My Baby Einstein App
• VIDEO to play the award-winning Baby Einstein™ shows on your iPhone® or iPad® for you and baby to view together.
• DISCOVERY CARDS provide real world images of art, nature, animals, real world objects, and more to engage baby while in line or at the park.
• MEMORY BOOK to record events as they happen or later with audio, video and still images you can mark any event in a special way.
• MUSIC re-orchestrated music for little ears.
• MY BABY EINSTEIN™ is available for download at the iTunes® App store for the suggested retail price of $1.99 and additional content can be purchased for .99¢ each.
You can check out a gallery of pictures from the event and our baby girl below. Thanks again to Disney and Baby Einstein for this event.