Skylanders Giants Toy Fair Trailer And Pictures
Skylanders which was our favorite game of the year is introducing us to something new . . . Giants! From the trailer below and the pictures this looks like it is going to be a great addition to an already awesome game. The fact you can use your already levelled up characters from regular Skylander means they were really thinking on this one. If you love your character you bring him along to the new game.
My kids are already looking forward to this, and I can honestly say I am as well. Many a fun night has been had with Skylanders and the fact that they are maintaining their promise of keeping it fresh and moving forward means a lot to the players. Stay tuned for more in-depth coverage as we go to Toy Fair this year.
Skylanders Giants builds upon the breakthrough fundamentals of the Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure™—merging the physical and virtual realms with an innovative line of cross-platform toy figures that have “brains,” which players everywhere can magically bring to life in the world of Skylands.
Using the mystical Portal of Power®, players once again lead a team of heroic skylanders in an all new adventure to save their world. Portal Masters will journey through new areas of Skylands, encountering new enemies, solving fun puzzles, overcoming different hazards and obstacles, and finding a variety of collectable rewards and treasure.
Skylanders Giants introduces twenty new characters, among them the super-sized Giants with powers to match as well as a set of figures with new lighting technology that builds on the magic of the toys. Additionally, the game features new Hero Challenges, more Battle Mode gameplay, and advanced integration across console, handheld, mobile and the Skylanders online universe.
• Going Big: Skylanders Giants introduces eight new highly collectible figures that are twice the size of the main skylanders cast in both physical and virtual form. Their in-game powers and abilities reflect their colossal scale.
• Bright Lights: Helping to further the real world magic of bringing toys to life, Skylanders Giants includes a set of characters that feature new lighting technology integrated into the toys, allowing the figure to light up when near or on the Portal of Power. These characters have additional in-game benefits as well. Batteries are not required.
• Brand New Skylanders: Eight new regular sized skylanders, each with their own unique powers, abilities, and personality, join the adventure alongside the Giants.
• Forward Compatibility: Every beloved character from Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure is 100% compatible with Skylanders Giants, leveled-up stats and customizations intact.
• Wider Worlds: Portal Masters will see all new arenas and more gameplay options in Battle Mode for exciting head-to-head play, as well as enhanced Elemental Zones, new Hero Challenges, and other features that encourage players to collect and level up every character. Skylanders Giants also features closer integration with Skylanders Spyro’s UniverseSM the large online world that allows Portal Masters everywhere to greatly expand their Skylanders experience.
Platforms: Nintendo Wii™, Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and handheld and mobile devices