Meet 15 Year Old Rapper Becky G With 10 Quick Facts
Meet Becky G (otherwise known as Becky Gomez), who is a rapper/singer that has caught the attention of many celebrities including Justin Bieber and Simon Cowell. She recently has been known for her opening gig on the Believe tour, working with Cody Simpson and Cher Lloyd. Now the 15 year old is working on her own album and seems to be well on the rise thanks to her big break on Cher’s song “Oath”. So while we all wait for more new music from her, we are taking our time to learn more about her so we will know as much as we can by the time she does release her own big album that is rumored to be coming next year! As for what facts we have dug up about her, here the 10 big ones.
1.She caught the eye of Dr. Luke with her homemade remix of “Otis” by Kayne West and Jay-Z.
2. Her first real album is rumored to be set to come out in January 2013.
3. Her second passion is fashion and if she was not able to make music, she claims that she would be then working in the fashion industry.
4. Speaking of her love for music, she dished on her official website that she wanted to be working in music since the age of 9. She also claims that she was open to all types of music in the past.
5. Justin Bieber gave her a shout out on Twitter before picking her to open for him, thanks to her remix of “Die Young”.
6. Becky also had a song featured on Selena Gomez’s Hotel Transylvania soundtrack called “Problem (The Monster Remix)”.
7. Cody Simpson asked her to join him on “Wish U Were Here”, which she gladly helped him out on.
8. She is also a blogger for ABC Univision, in which she talks about her musical journey and road to success.
9. She loves Minnie Mouse so much that she went as her for Halloween.
10. She is good friends with Adam Irigoyen, who is one of the stars on Shake It Up.
Well, it seems like she has a good start since she has some interesting pieces of info floating about her online. I am hoping that she will find success with her solo career outside of duets and remixes. I think that will be the real test for her and her career next. I am hoping that these rumors about her own album will be confirmed shortly or at least for us to get an expected release date for her own album, so we can prepare for the upcoming star.
How do you like these facts? Does Becky add depth to other’s music and can she survive on her own? I think so, but my main issue is with how young she is. She seems like a huge risk when a good amount of former child stars messed up lives. However, I am hoping that she can be one of the few lucky ones who come out unharmed and just maybe having a lasting career for herself in both singing and production.
article source-Teen image source-Becky G (via Instagram)