Club Penguin Halloween Party – Inspired by the Disney Parks
Halloween is just around the corner and Disney’s Club Penguin is getting in the spirit of the holiday with an annual Halloween Party. Over 6 million people participated last year making Club Penguin’s Halloween Party one of the biggest Halloween event online for kids.
The antics resume this year with players needing to solve the mystery of ghost-researcher Gariwald VIII’s disappearance and uncover the secrets behind his Walt Disney Parks and Resorts-inspired haunted mansion. While players solve the mystery, members can turn into ghosts and haunt the Island, and all players will have the chance to become ghost hunters and catch rogue ghosts.
Players will also have the chance to listen to the latest Club Penquin single, “Ghosts Just Wanna Dance” and take part in two new spook-tacular scavenger hunts.
Some haunting highlights of the 2012 Club Penguin Halloween Party include:
- Spooky Island Transformation: The Island will be overrun with ghosts and it is up to players to protect it by becoming ghost hunters.
- Walt Disney Parks and Resorts-Inspired Haunted Mansion: This year’s party will feature a new haunted mansion, inspired by the Haunted Mansion attraction found at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. By exploring the 9-room mansion, fans will discover numerous nods to the infamous ride, like the maid and butler costumes worn by Haunted Mansion cast members.
- Ghost Goggles and Ghost Lab: Once they find the Ghost Goggles hidden in the haunted mansion, players will be able to see the ghosts that are haunting the Island, as well unearth the Ghost Lab.
- Spook-tacular Scavenger Hunts: Players can complete the “To Boo” list during two new Halloween Scavenger Hunts, giving them the chance to unlock a secret chest and earn new igloo items.
- Brand New Song: Penguin Band featuring Cadence has released a haunting new song for Halloween – “Ghosts Just Wanna Dance,” that members can play in their igloo when throwing the ultimate Halloween party.
- Cool Costumes: Players can dress their penguins in the coolest Halloween costumes yet – ghost catchers, ghosts, slices of pizza, ninja robots, creepy cats and more!
- Famous Penguin Visits: Lucky players will be able to interact with Gary the Gadget Guy during the Halloween party, helping him solve the mystery of his great uncle Gariwald’s disappearance.
- Igloo Contest: Club Penguin is holding their annual igloo contest, encouraging players to decorate with their most fearsome furnishings for the chance to win huge in-world prizes.
The Halloween Party will begin on October 18 and run until November 1. Penguins are invited to put on their spookiest or silliest costumes and join the fun at the official website.