New Skylanders Giants Game & Features Trailer
Skylanders Giants recently revealed a brand new features trailer for the upcoming game. The trailer features some of the new Skylanders characters and reveals some new features of the game.
Skylanders Giants builds upon the breakthrough fundamentals of the Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure™– merging the physical and virtual realms with an innovative line of cross-platform toys with “brains,” which players everywhere can magically bring to life in the world of Skylands.
The game features sixteen new characters that include the giants as well as the new LightCore™Skylanders that light-up in the game and in the real-world as players transport them to Skylands using the Portal of Power.
Using the mystical Portal of Power®, players once again lead a team of heroic Skylanders in a new adventure to save their world. Portal Masters will journey through new areas of Skylands, encountering new enemies, solving fun puzzles, overcoming different hazards and obstacles, and finding a variety of collectable rewards and treasure.
Some of the newest key features in the game include:
- Giants: More than twice the size of regular Skylanders, the Giants use their colossal scale and power to battle enemies, solve unique puzzles, and interact in the game world like never before!
- LightCore Skylanders: Amplifying the real-world magic of bringing toys to life, Skylanders Giants introduces the LightCore Skylanders that light-up in the game world and in the real world as players’ transport them into Skylands using the Portal of Power. LightCore Skylanders feature additional in-game benefits, and require no batteries!
- Brand New Skylanders: New Skylanders join the adventure in Skylanders Giants each equipped with their own unique personality, powers, and abilities that kids are sure to love!
- Series 2 Skylanders: Fan-favorite Skylanders from Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure return in an all new way in Skylanders Giants! Each Series 2 Skylander features an all new “Wow Pow” upgrade power, as well as the choice of more than one upgrade path! Fans can even play with their Series 2 Skylanders in Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure!
- Forward Compatibility: All of the beloved characters from Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure are 100% compatible with Skylanders Giants, each of their abilities and upgrades intact. Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure characters can even increase their level cap from Level 10 to Level 15 in Skylanders Giants!
- Wider Worlds: Portal Masters will see all new arenas and additional gameplay options in Battle Mode for exciting head-to-head play, as well as enhanced Elemental Zones, new Hero Challenges, and other features that encourage players to collect and level-up every character. Skylanders Giants also features closer integration with Skylanders Universe- the large online world that allows Portal Masters everywhere to greatly expand their Skylanders experience.
You can watch the brand new trailer below:
Skylanders Giants is in development by Toys for Bob for Wii™, Nintendo 3DS™, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system, Windows PC and mobile devices.