Nick Jonas: American Idol May Not Be Right For Me

Nick Jonas has confirmed that he is in the running for a judging spot in American Idol, which he talked more about in detail with to the Huffington Post. He shared that it has to be the right for the show and himself, but he wouldn’t state if that was the case or not. He also briefly touched on the topic of topic of crushing dreams as well, but once again did not hint if that would hinder his chances to sign on as the next judge on the show. Here is what Nick all had to say about the potential gig and on the topic of if it is a fit for him or not.

[There’s been] lots of speculation…it’s something I would like to do if it was right, but it’s got to be right on both ends, I would be the youngest [judge], but I’ve also been a professional musician for about eight years of my life. That’s a major question: Would you be okay to criticize? If I can help someone be better, that’s the ultimate goal, not putting them down or making them feel irrelevant. As much as we are going to get along, there still is a bit of tough love there, which is important

I am glad that he is being honest and sharing that he isn’t too sure about the gig himself. It sounds like he knows what he wants and what he wants to do next, which is a good sign. I am glad that he is aware of what he wants and if that means being a judge is not for him, then so be it. I just think that it is a nice break to see someone addressing and doing so honestly. It feels like it should be the common practice among people, but it isn’t. So I want to give Nick some major props on this and hopefully, we will find out if he is in or out soon enough.

Are you rooting for Nick to copy his brother Joe and Demi Lovato? I like the idea of him being a judge, but he seems unsure if that is something he could do. I think that is a huge issue for a lot of singers who try to judge others in a show, they are reminded about the rejection and they do not want to copy it. It is a nice thought, but that is part of the job. I would love to see Nick be a judge, but if the shoe doesn’t fit, then they have no purpose to force it on him.

article source-Just Jared Jr

About Sarah Peel

Sarah Peel is a freelance writer/blogger who has written for many sites and is the owner of Miss Virtual Reality

1. Jenny

August 26, 2012 at 3:32 pm

PLEASE confirm him, Mariah! Nick would be AMAZING on this show!!!

2. Nan

August 26, 2012 at 9:22 pm

You REALLY misinterpreted this: Nick is saying simply that he’s up for the job as long as schedules work. He isn’t saying he’s not sure he doesn’t want the role–he’s been emphatic about wanting it. And he’s very qualified, not only as a professional musician for 8 years but also as a talent manager/developer and producer. Idol needs to recapture a younger demo. There’s no one as qualified (and as pleasing to middle America) than Jonas.

• Sarah Peel

August 26, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Interesting take for sure, and I think you have a valid point about the schedules.

3. Natasha

August 27, 2012 at 4:48 pm

This is exactly why I’m such a fan of Nick Jonas. Not only is he talented but he is so modest and just a genuinly good person. He said he’s been a professional for about 8 years now. Its actually more like almost 10 years. The reason he said 8 is because he didn’t consider himself a ‘professional musician’ until he began actively pursueing a career and writing/composing his own music which he did at age 12. Even though he did get signed at age 10 and release an album at age 11. He did write on it but because he wasn’t as hands on, he didn’t count that. That modesty is so special. The exact reason I don’t like people like Bieber. Even though Justins music isn’t bad. He has a terrible attitude and thinks so highly of himself. He exaggerates constantly. From the get go stating that he wrote and produced his own music. When in fact, he wrote a little and that was it. He has so many writers on his music and producers. His songs go through maybe 10 to 20 hands. He hasn’t produced anything. You could say, he’s blatenly lying. Somehow, being there and maybe putting forward a few ideas becomes, I write and produce my own music. Nick actually writes and produces by himself. I respect that and most of all, the modesty, love his character.

4. Sarah

August 27, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Nick Jonas would be a bore. He’d be swallowed up by bigger personalities like Nicki Minaj.

5. Rachel

August 27, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Hire Adam Lambert, he’s perfect for the gig!

6. barbls

August 27, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I hope he doesn’t get it. He doesn’t have the personality or the confidence to be a judge. The dynamics with Mariah just don’t work. I don’t even understand why they are considering him!

7. Sharon

August 27, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Nick knows he didn’t get the judges spot and now is trying to pretend it may not be right for him. He’s too young and inexperienced to judge anyone on talent. And I think he’s a bit boring. But I would rather have Nick than Nicki Minaj she’s just so wrong for the job and would definitely turn off mainstream viewers. American Idol needs a boost and Nicki Minaj would be the worst possible choice.