- Enter For A Chance To Win 2 “Kaijudo: Clash of the Duel Masters” Competitive Decks – Giveaway!
- Wizard World Philadelphia Is A Place To Meet Heroes And Create Memories
- Power Rangers Super Samurai: Secret of the Red Ranger – Volume 4 – Exclusive Giveaway
- Hottest Toys In 2013 – Early Holiday List Thoughts
- Aedin Mincks Talks “A.N.T. Farm” and His Co-Stars – Exclusive Interview!
IndyCar Champs Hosts Children’s Reading Event
IndyCar series champions, Dario Franchitti and Scott Dixon, hosted a reading event for local kids while in Sonoma for the Sonoma IndyCar races. The event included a story time with the famous racers and a surprise unveilings of a Target IndyCar.
The event took place just a few days before Sonoma IndyCar races are slated to kick off on August 26. IndyCar series champions Dario Franchitti and Scott Dixon stopped at the San Francisco school to read to three hundred students. The racing champs also wowed the children with their surprise unveiling of the Target IndyCar as well as showing off their cool props that come with being a racer such as their fire suits.
Dario commented on the experience saying,
“Getting a chance to take a break from the racetrack and read to the kids is incredibly rewarding,”
Scott echoed his sentiments of the event stating,
“I love reading to my daughters, and loved reading to the Sanchez students too,” said Scott. “Reading is such a pivotal part of a child’s education and we’re honored and happy to support students any way we can.”
After taking class photos with the drivers and getting a chance to ask questions, students were treated to backpacks full of school supplies.
You can see some of the images from the event Dario Franchitti and Scott Dixon below or visit the official website:
Photos by Tony Avelar /AP Images for Target