- Enter For A Chance To Win 2 “Kaijudo: Clash of the Duel Masters” Competitive Decks – Giveaway!
- Wizard World Philadelphia Is A Place To Meet Heroes And Create Memories
- Power Rangers Super Samurai: Secret of the Red Ranger – Volume 4 – Exclusive Giveaway
- Hottest Toys In 2013 – Early Holiday List Thoughts
- Aedin Mincks Talks “A.N.T. Farm” and His Co-Stars – Exclusive Interview!
Splatalot! From Nickelodeon Makes US Premiere – Review
Splatalot! premiered on Nickelodeon this month, July 2012, and the family was excited to watch it. My two boys are fans of WipeOut! but some of the commentary can make its way over to the adult end of the spectrum, and the contestants are all adults, so the kids can’t relate as much. Well Splatalot! takes the WipeOut! concept and sprinkles in a bit of the American Gladiators and voila we are introduced to the US version of Splatalot!
The kids both 6 and 8 boys, LOVED the show and immediately said that they would love to be on it. I think they even liked the overly cheesy characters that play the role of trying to stop the contestants from storming the castle and collecting the crown to win the game. A few quick observations and questions as we were only able to watch one of the episodes. What do the contestants actually win? Also will they have different types of games for them to play or will we be seeing the same course each time? Last what sort of balls are they that they shoot at the contestants? I know in American Gladiators they were tennis balls, but they looked like soaped up nerf foam balls to me? WipeOut! does a very good job at keeping the course and the obstacles fresh. For me I love the medieval setting and think it is a great addition to Nickelodeon lineup. Surprised we did not get it in the US sooner. What do you think of Splatalot! on Nick?