- Enter For A Chance To Win 2 “Kaijudo: Clash of the Duel Masters” Competitive Decks – Giveaway!
- Wizard World Philadelphia Is A Place To Meet Heroes And Create Memories
- Power Rangers Super Samurai: Secret of the Red Ranger – Volume 4 – Exclusive Giveaway
- Hottest Toys In 2013 – Early Holiday List Thoughts
- Aedin Mincks Talks “A.N.T. Farm” and His Co-Stars – Exclusive Interview!
Listen To The “Let it Shine” Full Soundtrack
The soundtrack for the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie “Let It Shine” was recently made available for download on iTunes. You can also listen to the full soundtrack. Disney’s new television film “Let it Shine” features an ensemble cast of Tyler James Williams, Coco Jones, Trevor Jackson, and Brandon Mychal Smith. The film follows a shy, talented musician who pens romantic hip-hop verses only to stand idly by as they’re delivered to the girl of his dreams by a proxy, his best friend. The film was directed by Paul Hoen and written by Eric Daniel and Don D. Scott. The Disney Channel Original Movie is slated to premiere on June 15, 2012.
The soundtrack features 13 songs performed by the movie’s stars including Coco Jones, Tyler James Williams and Brandon Mychal Smith. The album also includes video’s, special offers, and four instrumental tracks.
The tracks were written by top songwriters and producers in contemporary pop/R&B: Antonina Armato & Tim James, David Banner, Andy Dodd, In-Q, J-Doe, Toby Gad, Adam Hicks, Steven Jones, Jay L’Oreal, Justin Mobley, Tocarra Phillips, Lindy Robbins, Thomas Armato Sturges, Dapo Torimiro, Anya Vasilenko, Jon Vella, Lambert “Stereo” Waldrip and Adam Watts. A concept music video for “Guardian Angel” featuring Tyler James Williams and Coco Jones was directed by Chris Applebaum (Rihanna, Selena Gomez & the Scene, Mariah Carey) and will debut on Disney Channel on Friday, June 1.
Songs included on “Let It Shine” soundtrack are:
1. ”Don’t Run Away” by Tyler James Williams featuring IM5 – a confessional uptempo jam about loving from afar performed by Tyler with up-and-coming teen group, IM5.
2. ”Guardian Angel” by Tyler James Williams and Coco Jones – Tyler raps and Coco sings this elegant ballad about finding purpose and heading for the top.
3. ”Me and You” by Tyler James Williams and Coco Jones – This edgy duet captures the essence of a young couple trying for one last chance before love slips away.
4. ”What I Said” – Coco Jones throws down as both a singer and rapper on this upbeat R&B track.
5. ”Who I’m Gonna Be” – Coco Jones rocks it old school on this ’70s-style funk piece about self-determination.
6. ”You Belong to Me” by Tyler James Williams – a moving love song performed Tyler.
7. ”Tonight’s the Night” by Brandon Mychal Smith, Spencer Lee and Tyler James Williams – Pure party music, sung by the “Let It Shine” cast, sets the stage for hi-hop supremacy in the club.
8. ”Around the Block” by cast of “Let It Shine” – One of the film’s sensational m.c. battles, where razor-sharp wit and humor trumps all.
9. ”Moment of Truth” by Tyler James Williams and Brandon Mychal Smith – the climactic hip-hop battle, is as funny as it is memorable.
10. ”Joyful Noise” by the cast of “Let It Shine” – This upbeat gospel-flavored track sums up all the positive energy of “Let It Shine.”
11. ”Good to Be Home” – Coco Jones sings this upbeat ballad, which is a moving testament to faith and family.
12. ”Let It Shine” by Tyler James Williams and Coco Jones – The film’s joyous title song borrows from the classic gospel-folk tune.
13. ”Self Defeat” by Tyler James Williams – This bonus track is a one-man rap masterpiece from the talented star of “Let It Shine.”
In the story, Cyrus DeBarge is the musical director at his father’s Atlanta, Georgia, church, and he’s been having some challenges convincing his preacher father that hip-hop is not the devil’s music. Cyrus’ struggles continue when, for a freestyle rap competition at the local teen club, he writes a song under the name “Truth,” which tells his childhood friend and longtime crush, recording artist Roxanne Andrews, how he really feels about her. When it’s all said and done, his best friend Kris McDuffy is mistakenly named the author of the rap song and winner of the contest. As Roxanne begins to fall for Kris, it’s up to the true poet Cyrus to overcome self-doubt, seize the opportunity to reveal both his talent and his feelings, and pursue his dreams. All the while, Cyrus must convince his preacher father that hip-hop music can convey a positive message despite the rap battle he is about to throw down with his nemesis, “Lord of Da Bling,” at the club.
You can download the “Let It Shine” soundtrack by clicking here.