Date Announced For London Olympics 2012 Video Game
With the London Olympics right around the corner, SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd. have confirmed the official release date of London 2012 – The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games™. The game will be released on June 26th, 2012 for PC, Xbox 360, and the Playstation 3.
The London Olympics is less than 100 days away, and as always, anticipation is building for the massively iconic event. Atheletes from all over the world prepare to meet in England’s capital to compete for the greatest awards the sporting world can offer.
In London 2012 – The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games fans can take part in the action from the comfort of their own home. Also, with the game’s launch in June, players will have the chance to represent their nation and prove themselves to be a champion in over 45 events, including single and multiplayer competition across a variety of playable modes and Kinect™/Move® support.
Some of the key features of the game includes:
- Go for Gold
- Compete in over 45 events* including all the blue ribbon events plus some all-new events to Olympic videogames offering the ultimate depth and variety. *Includes Motion Control and Party Play events.
- More ways to play
- Compete in a wide range of challenges and game modes including Olympic Games, Events Mode, Online Mode and Party Play.
- Feel the Burn
- For the first time ever in an Olympic Games video game, play using Motion Control with a dozen different events enabled for PlayStation®Move and Kinect™ for Xbox 360®
- Compete for Global Glory
- Take the competition online with leader boards tracking personal medal counts, and earn National Pride points with each medal you win for your country – keep playing and improve your nations standing!
- The Ultimate Olympic Games Experience
- Get closer than ever to the experience of the Olympic Games with reactive commentary, super-realistic graphics and TV style presentation.
You can see some of the screenshots and game images below: