- Enter For A Chance To Win 2 “Kaijudo: Clash of the Duel Masters” Competitive Decks – Giveaway!
- Wizard World Philadelphia Is A Place To Meet Heroes And Create Memories
- Power Rangers Super Samurai: Secret of the Red Ranger – Volume 4 – Exclusive Giveaway
- Hottest Toys In 2013 – Early Holiday List Thoughts
- Aedin Mincks Talks “A.N.T. Farm” and His Co-Stars – Exclusive Interview!
Kung Fu Panda 2 Comes In Third Place In Second Box Office Weekend
X-Men: First Class won the highest place at the theater in its first weekend, stated by Box Office Mojo. It was judged to have made $56 million, more than the first X-Men film that came out in 2000($54.5 million). The three subsequent movies made more: X2 made $85.6 million in 2003, X-Men : The Last Stand earned $102.8 million in 2007, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine gained $85 million in 2008 in its first weekend release.
Last week’s number 1 film, The Hangover Part II made $32.4 million and was in second place. Kung Fu Panda 2 came in third with $24.3 million. It made over $100 million so far. Hangover and Kung Fu Panda sequels totaled up for the largest Memorial Day weekend so far. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides made fourth place gaining $18 million. Bridesmaids came in at fifth place going over $100 million with an additional $12 million. Thor ranked in sixth place with $4.2 million in earnings. Fast Five was in seventh place and made $3.2 million, making a total of over $200 million so far. Midnight in Paris was in eighth place at $2.9 million. Jumping the Broom was at ninth place earning $865,000 and Something Borrowed was number ten with $835,000 in earnings.
I think movies nowadays are fast-paced with lots of action. I wonder if the stories behind all the action aren’t lost.
Do you remember the stories in the fast-paced movies or do you just remember the special effects?
article source-TV Guide